Monday, January 25, 2010

An errand..

25/1/2010, Monday...

In a shivering cold night,
with the moon shining bright,
my shadow started pulling away from me..
Along with it, I was dragged..
I tried hard to catch up,
but the pace was just too fast
and I didn’t have it in me to last..

I looked at my shadow,
but it didn’t look back at me
and I kept looking at it,
all along the transit.
Swathed in some tears and some sweat,
I was running out of breath..

A dusky dawn came with a dagger
and bludgeoned the shadow,
with that hallowed ‘serene’ swagger.

I collapsed then and there.
As I lay in a pool of ‘comfortably soft’ marshy mud,
my heart stopped beating the leftover blood.

Some sages picked up my carcass
and arranged for my funeral..
The pyre was ready
and so was the fire..
After the firework started,
the sages departed.

Along came another shivering cold night,
With the moon shining bright..
My shadow was still there,
and with an air of panache,
it watched the firework in that ‘fair’.

The rising dark of the night,
intoxicated my shadow
and on it went, meandering in the meadow..
That ‘cold air’ of panache, started flowing,
engulfing the glowing pyre
and stabbing the growing fire.

On came another dusky dawn
and on came the sages.

My corpse was still there.

The west wind came and brought with it,
a few blank pages.
The wisest of the sages,
read the mystery of those blank pages.
Pointing towards my corpse that lain,
he said,
" he’ll breathe once again.. "
.

.
I’ll breathe once again…

I don't know what 've i written and why 've i done that. I don't know if anyone can ever interconnect my sporadic thoughts.I don't know if someone will ever try to. But do i care ?? ... i never did... and i still don't...

5 comments:

dreamer said...

loved it, understood it , felt it!!
a beautiful mind :)

Aman said...

thanks.. :)
every mind is beautiful dear..

Jasleen Kaur Gumber said...

Too powerful a poem...

Aman said...

thanks jasleen.. :)

Aman said...

thanks.. i appreciate..