Thursday, May 7, 2009

The diabolic 93rd minute and a ghoulish "anglophile"....

7/5/2009, Thursday...



An Arsenal fan, wearing an Arsenal jersey, in Nairobi, hanged himself to death after the gunners lost to Manchester United in the UEFA Champions League semi final 2nd leg at the Emirates. He was apparently, very disturbed with his team's performance.





But what are we, die-hard, Chelsea fans supposed to do ? We were not disappointed with our team, our team didn't play badly but we lost... thanks to "SOME" egregious refereeing by the match incharge - Tom Ovrebo, who works as a referee in the Norway League.I wonder how he beacame a "referee" or is it even right to call him a "referee" - he never 'referred' to the linesmen nor did he pay any heed to the 'referrals' made to him by the blues.


With Michael Essien's 9th minute, left footed volley which was bulleted into the Barcelona's goal, began the 83 minute period for which i was so happy, the faith kept on increasing as the minutes were ticking away and the road to Rome - where, this time, we'd 've crushed the lucky bastards - seemed like a highway ride rather than a bumpy ride. But then in the 93rd minute, with just 1 minute remaining, as fate would have it, Iniesta blowed our dreams away with a goal for Barcelona. Heartbreak for me and for all the blues out there.. I couldn't believe what i just saw, the sight obfuscated me.


The Barcelona goal was totally fair, no arguments about that, but by the time they scored we could have been or rather should have been 3-0 or may be 4-0 up, but we were not, because of that tonsured scamp - the Norwegian referee - who seemed to have missed all the clear cut fouls in the penalty area, which even a cow could have spotted. But he didn't. His career as a referee should end here. The final in Rome is going to be a flop show with none of the teams deserving to be there(because even Man U, too, rode their luck as they 've been getting all the easy teams in their knock-out rounds, and i hate them any way...)


After the disaster, i tried to sleep but just couldn't, i was restless and my lips were continuously uttering newer and newer insults for the referee. After half n hour i decided to go for a stroll in the nearby park. When i entered the park a dog started lookin at me and a moment later started walking with me. For some time i didn't pay any attention to the creature walking beside me and i, along with him completed one lap of the park and then when i decided to return to my room i decided to say goodbye to him. I sat on my toes, very affectionately i put my left hand on his back and very lovingly called him by a nickname and shook my right hand with, the equally willing, toe of his right fore limb. And the nickname was - TOM (OVREBO)......!!

I don't know what 've i written and why 've i done that. I don't know if anyone can ever interconnect my sporadic thoughts.I don't know if someone will ever try to. But do i care ?? ... i never did... n i still don't...)

No comments: